Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas is over

Been a long time since I have written on this site. I forget I need to keep up with things. We had a great time before Christmas as we went car shopping in the snow a good 4 - 6 inches of very wet snow infact. The Lawter's came and picked us up in the height of the storm and drove us over to the dealer so I could test getting in and out and how they fit the 6 footer of our family. As you can guess we easily turned the salespeoples heads in the showroom as Bethany wheeled me in. I guess lowman on the totem pole got us and he patiently took us around, wiping off the windows so we could see the details on the car.... Needless to say I was soaked by the time we got done. I found a great deal from my friend Steve in California and we drove down to San Diego to pick up our new 2005 Chevy Trailblazer.
The feeling of freedom is an amazing tonic for the homebound..... I could write a whole book on what it has been like the last two months and the areas of my life that have been affected. If it were not for my beautiful daughter I am sure I would be nuts now. She has made a difference in my life and I am truly grateful for her sacrifice.
Our Christmas was quiet and simple. We had wonderful gifts to open over the 12 days prior to Christmas from our Santa Sleighrider, bless their hearts for thinking of us an their generosity - it made a difference. We went and saw 'Marly & Me' and laughed and cried, what a cute movie.
I am doing better, just got released to stand up in my moonboot cast and start taking steps 'as tolerated' ....which means it hurts like you know what, but I step anyway. I am pretty sure the physical therapy is going to hurt more than anything, but it is so much better to be able to walk then not so no matter what - we are doing what is needed to get my life back....and that is exactly how it feels.

No comments: