Friday, March 27, 2009

Things that Remind me of Payson

Early Mornings. – They just do. Mum and I had a lot of early morning walks in Payson. Vegas? Not so much

Elk- One early morning I took Brilla up to go to the bathroom, I’m tired, very sleeply, I take her out to do her thing. It’s really early, it’s there is very little light- but enough, I look up- a herd of Elk is running by. Seriously a herd! One Buck stops and stares at me- figures I’m not a threat and runs along. It was awesome.

Randy Travis and Shania Twain – So I would listen to these two all the time in the frame shop. So they make me think of the frame shop and consequently Payson.

Castles – On Main street a guy was turning an old building into a castle for his Grandchildren. For real. It was awesome. So whenever I see one, I’m 10 years old on main street, with some treat from Rose’s bakery in my hand, staring at it.

Mango Salsa – My mum went through this brain food thing, and learned how to make pico de gallo salsa with Mango. It’s delicious!

Bernstein Bears- I read hundreds of those books. Yeah, all in the Payson Library. In the second grade, I read 647 books (they were the Bernstein Bears- but still) I’ve loved reading since birth. Clearly.

Ballet- I had a brief but intense encounter with Ballet. I’m still clumsy- but ballet does remind me of Payson. It’s kinda sad how much I cannot Dance, I knew it even then- I asked to stop. :]

No comments: