Friday, March 11, 2016

2014

Onward with the Recap!
2014
That winter semester was my last one in the dorms on campus.
I went with Courtney to an Acrobat Show, It was amazing.
My mum and I saw Frozen. I started watching Parks and Rec. How I Met Your Mother ended in a terrible way, I'm still mad about it.
I laughed at this picture for a least a week, I am still laughing at it now. 

I took Math 101 from Brother Rich and my life was spent in the Library and Math lab. It was exciting.
This was a 3 credit class, but 4 days a week, and very demanding. 

That semester my grades were the best they've ever been. It was very exciting, but like I said, I spent practically all that semester in the Library.
Summer of 2014
We moved to a different house, and again on my Birthday. It was frustrating. I missed our Vegas house so much! We did move close to a church building which was fun, and it was closer to the job I would get at a shoe store for the summer.
I began a journey of discovery about feminism. It started with the #yesallwomen movement.
This is horrifying. This is Rape Culture. 
And I finally realized that I've been a feminist my entire life, I just didn't know it. and I learned to say it- I am a feminist! 
In June one of my companions got sealed to her husband in the Manti temple : ] It was wonderful to be there, and see her, and be a part of that beautiful day with her. Mum has all those photos, otherwise I'd share one.
My Mission President and his Wife came home, and it was so much fun to be there. Hearing their voices again felt like home. I really discovered on the mission how powerful it is just to hear a loved one's voice, my mum started sending me voice recordings halfway through and it was a powerful as getting a hug from her. I got to hear them speak, and see them interact, and even hug both of them. It was awesome. I loved it. And again my mom has those photos.
I finally joined the world and got a smart phone, which was a little weird. But I took a lot more pictures, to be fair- mostly of my dogs.  :]]
Cricket thought that that big stuffed Panda was hers : ]
I caught Petals yawning, and it cracks me up. 
I was ecstatic to quit my shoe store job and go back to BYU-Idaho for the Fall semester. 
I also got a part time job for the semester with Brother Rich, my math professor from the previous 2 semesters, I still work for him today as a T.A. I also moved to the apartment complex where I currently still reside. We had a great semester together. It was fun because Courtney officially became a roommate. The Fall of 2013 she lived next door to us, and spent most of the time at our apartment. It was fun to move somewhere with people I already knew and lived with previously. We had two other roommates, the Jessica's : ] who are amazing, that we met that semester. It was a blast. We all learned each other's love languages- and we hung out all the time. Words are failing me to describe how much I loved that time with them. All good things must come to an end, and that semester did end. 
That Christmas, the plumbing in our house decided it hated us. We were without a toilet and shower for Christmas, which made it interesting. I've failed to mention on my 2013 recap how wonderful it was to be home for holidays. I still very much appreciate that, even when I can't use the bathroom all day. :] 
That pretty much sums up 2014. : ]

No comments: