Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sunday's at Church

So woke up this morning- glad that I had an extra hour of sleep because I needed it.

Got ready for church. Ate on accident, then I realized it was fast Sunday- but since I hadn't been eating much anyway, I figured since I ate already, I should just really eat. then maybe I wouldn't faint or get dizzy.

Anyway I go to church, feeling sad that she wasn't there.

[Something funny, people keep coming up to me asking me how I am, and how I am getting along without mum- I say "oh well it's lonely" (or something like that) they reply something to this extent "yeah now you have to do the dishes and the laundry, and keep the house clean..."
This amuses me because, 1. they are trying to lighten the mood. 2. because my mum has had me doing my own laundry since I was 12- laundry is not a new concept. I've been cooking by myself for at least as long as I've been doing laundry. Living in a single parent home- I've cleaned a lot. Actually just being in a single parent home has prepared me a bit. Mum was really the reason for it all anyway.
So it's not the fact that she's gone that's making me lonely and sad- it's WHY she's gone.]

Started leaking a bit.

Then Sis. Gutherie came up to me and asked where she was- I told her and she immediately asked how she was, and invited me to diner. ( Which I couldn't go to their house for, I was at the hospital- but they were so sweet to actually bring it to me! The food was great! I was grateful!)

Then Sis. Kanet asked me what she and the sisters could do to help.

Then multiple Sisters offered to give me rides home from the hospital.

Rebbecca took me to see mum, and stayed there a good 3 1/2 hours!

While we were at the hospital, Sis. Hoagland called and asked if I needed a ride home.

My ward is awesome.

I used to be against saying one ward was above the other- but I've got to say it, I've got the best ward ever. I am so grateful for our ward family and their willingness to help out. They are awesome.

My family is pretty amazing too.
My Aunt is so sweet- worried that I'm not getting food, she's sending some money to help.
My Grandmother calls to make sure I've doing okay.
Love them.

So to anyone who has helped us- from both my Mother and I- Thank you!!
We really appreciate it, and hope to be able to return our gratitude and the service to you.

No comments: