Thursday, September 11, 2008

Vindicated

Though the store is closing and ultimately I am out of a job- it is a relief and kind of a twisted joy to tell customers "No."

To say
"Sorry Ma'am I cannot transfer anything"
"I'm sorry I guess we're out of that."
"Sorry we are not imprinting anymore"
"The store is closing so we don't have much."
or "No"

Basically it's nice not to have to be a kiss up.

especially to those few, who are jerks- the passive-aggressive ones particularly.

It feels good to be able to subtextually say-

"I don't have to please your every whim ha!
I don't have to answer to you!
I don't even care if you talk to my boss about how horrible I am- because in about 2 months (or less) I won't work here anymore! ha!"



It's nice to get the last laugh.

1 comment:

Alexa said...

I wish I could be there and feel that same feeling. Especially for that martha woman that talked to john about my bad customer service skills on my last week. The nerve!