Thursday, October 30, 2008

Mum

So Last Night I got a call from Mum's phone- conversation goes as follows (italics are my thoughts)
MP (Mum's Phone): *calls*
Me: Hey Mum! What's Up?
MP: Hi this is so and so from the Fire Dept.
Me: Uh-oh Yes?
MP: Is this Bethany?
Me: Yes
MP: You mother was involved in a small fender-bender accident- she's alright.
Me: Small Fender-bender? Why is the Fire Dept. Talking to me then?
MP: We are taking her to .... Hospital
Me: She's Okay? if she was okay why is she going to the hospital, and a Small Fender Bender?
MP: Since she's had some back trauma in the past. She just wanted me to call and let you know so you wouldn't freak out.
Me: ... Hospital? Freak out? what's there to freak out about- she only got in a small fender-bender and the fire dept. is calling from her phone! There is nothing to freak out about!
MP: Yes. Alright then Good Night!
MP: *Click*

Okay I can't really remember the last bit, all I remember is that it ended fast.
anyway- not a small fender-bender, Car is totaled. Mum broke two bones in her leg, her ankle and her wrist. All on her Left side. She told the Guy to go easy on me.

All I can say is Thank goodness for Home Teachers and Ward Families-
I feel that I am in WAY over my head.
I might go crazy without their moral and car support.
:]
So, for the next few days I'm going to be pretty busy. Call (email me if you need my number) me if you want to send her something.
Or offer me more moral support- trust me I need it.

3 comments:

Karrae said...

Bethany!! if i were in vegas, i would be over helping you! I hope everything is fine and that your mom is alright! tell her i send my love!

Erin said...

Oh man, I'm so sorry. I'm glad it wasn't any worse, but now we gotta find you a car! Youre in my prayers!

Patti said...

OH MY GOODNESS. That's terrible.

Tell your Mum I am wishing her a speedy recovery.

Remember when she took care of your broken bones?